Easy Overnight Blueberry Bliss Oats
Updated: Jun 22
Looking for a grab and go breakfast that doesn't start with a drive thru window? Try overnight oats. Literally prepped the night...or several nights before and stored in the fridge. Eat it as is or microwave for a hot and wholesome way to start the day. This recipe is just in time for blueberry season and is a nutrition powerhouse packed with cancer fighting phyto-chemicals, vitamin C, vitamin E and the B-complex group responsible for helping our body covert carbohydrates into energy. Oh, is that all?!?!
Overnight Oats –This recipe will yield 5 servings, one jar for each morning!
• 2½ cups oatmeal
• 2½ cups soy milk or other non-dairy milk like unsweetened almond milk
• 5 tablespoons chia seeds
• 5 tablespoons maple syrup
• 1¼ teaspoons vanilla
• 2½ cups blueberries
• 5 tablespoons toasted nuts or shaved almonds
1. Since it is rather difficult to mix all the ingredients together in a small mason jar, mix the ingredients in a bowl then transfer them into the jar.
2. Scoop ½ cup oatmeal into a mixing bowl and add ½ cup milk, 1 tablespoon chia seeds, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, and ¼ teaspoon vanilla together. Transfer this mixture into a jar, cover and refrigerate overnight. Repeat for all 5 jars.
3. Top each jar with ½ cup of blueberries and 1 tablespoon of nuts.
Calories: 364 for one jar