The Top Afternoon Snacks for Energy and Health
Updated: Jun 22
It's 3 pm, the workday is not yet done and your motivation is seriously lacking. Are you headed to the vending machine? Not so fast! If you are looking for a mid-afternoon snack to get you through a few more hours of emails and meetings, try one of one of these natural energy boosting snacks!
1) Popcorn: A lot goes a long way. 3-4 cups of this fiber rich, antioxidant packed snack will only set you back about 100 calories. Try air popped, sans butter, and add your own seasoning. Think cinnamon or even cayenne pepper for a little kick.
2) Whole grain toast with 1/4 avocado spread on top:
This combination of healthy fat and whole grains should keep you satisfied through your workout and dinner prep.
3) 8 oz. glass of almond milk and 2 small pieces of dark chocolate: Looking for a sweet indulgence? Calcium, antioxidants AND chocolate...this is a no brainer.
4) 2 clementines and 1/4 cup of roasted almonds: Practical and portable. This is the perfect snack to throw in your workbag before you hit the road in the am. Your 3 pm self will thank you!
5) 1 hard-boiled egg and light cheese stick. I like to suggest this snack because it is balanced (protein, carbs and a little fat) and easy to find at most gas stations or rest stops. Sayonara slim Jim!